Old 02-04-2010, 11:14 AM
QBeth

Originally Posted by lacikat
Hey, you're the one I want to grow my hair out like! I have been thinking a lot lately about selling and moving to an apartment, mainly to avoid upkeep,repairs,yard work,snow in my drive etc. But then I think, close neighbors, I live in the country and actually I have lovely neighbors, they mow my lawn, plow my snow and are on my door step if they see anything they think is out of place (or anybody). But the thought of having strangers for neighbors or being in an apt with people on all sides, possibly under and over!! Also I live in a large farmhouse and am a collector of crap, mainly fabric, so a lot of stuff would have to go. Then there is the cost, with apts being at least $600 plus and my mortgage being $180.00 a month (which has been paid off several times).I have 10 acres so I can have a garden if I want and have my privacy. I also have lived here since I was 12 (in and out after graduation and a brief go at marriage) I gave my daughter some adjoining land so there is another tie. But it sometimes crosses my mind to chuck it all.
Don't chuck it all!!!!! Consider this.... what you save not paying rent, can pay for repairs by professionals! Plus, rent keeps going up and up. I'm guessing your mortgage doesn't. Of course, there's taxes but hopefully they don't inflate as fast as rents.

The rents in your area are around the $600 mark?!!! Mama mia, you can't find anything around here under $1200. Enjoy where you are!