View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 09:38 AM
Kooklabell

Default Help Please. I need your ideas

I'd like to make a quilt for a good friend for her king size bed. I've attached a picture of the curtains in her bedroom. They are the Waverly Moonlit Medallion Panels. She loves these curtains. The walls of her room are the green that is in the curtains. She loves this color. But, color isn't my problem.

My problem is, given the curvy lines of this quilt, what type of pattern, or pattern should I use to marry with these curtains? I never imagined these curtains for her. She is into shabby sheik and country.

I found a pattern that I really liked for her in FaveQuilts.com called Garden District Picnic quilt. She loves to garden and has beautiful gardens. I thought perhaps I could cut the curtain (it is 100% cotton) and use the curvy medallions as the large stripe in this pattern. It would be 2 inches bigger than what is called for, but the quilt will be for a king size bed so maybe it would work.

I'm just so lost with this one. So, I thought, bring it to the ladies and gentlemen on the QB for help

Thank you all
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Teri curtains.doc (34.5 KB, 785 views)