Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 05:53 PM
jimmcq

Default Newbie

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I am not a quilter but my wife is as a member of the Manteca CA Quilters.

We, my wife Maggie and I, inherited a Design-A-Quilt with the intent that we would get it back in working order and make it available to the Manteca Guild. "Get back in working order" has become a Herculean task and has been going on for nearly 2 years. I have past experience as a manufacturing engineer and have "reverse" engineered the machine, located the manufacturer of the control PCA and lucked out in speaking with the last remaining design engineer of the controller. He gave me some input as to what was supposed to happen when you pushed some buttons but not all of it. I purchased some damaged/worn out components but so far we are somewhat stumbling around in the dark.

Is there anyone out there who owns one of the machines? How about someone who worked for Design-a-Quilt in Murray, KY in the mid '90's? We know that the founder and previous owner had some issues and are not trying to get him in trouble or recoup any damages. All we want to do is get it sewing so that our guild members can use it.

Jim

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-14-2017 at 06:49 PM.