Old 02-14-2017, 07:58 PM
peaceandjoy

My units are all done but I've only assembled one block. The sashing strips in the attached photo are laid next to the block; they have not been sewn on. I changed the "large" (who would think that a 3" block would be large?) plain square to a HST, as many others did. I think the success of the plain block is dependent on the fabrics used. In my case, the pumpkin is too close in value to the green and the blue - which made for a muddy mess in the center with the star not showing at all. I am pleased with how the block looks with this change.

I just realized that the 4-patches in my sashing (in my case, blue) are ALL sideways. Where Bonnie's are dark squares, mine are light and vice versa. I'm trying to decide if this is really a problem and they all need to be changed, or if it really doesn't make any difference. Correcting them wouldn't be as much of a hassle if I hadn't sewn over half immediately after doing some paper piecing and without changing stitch length. Taking those seams out, with tiny stitches, would be a pain in the neck. What are your thoughts?

Peace and Joy,
Robin
Attached Thumbnails block-1.jpg