View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 10:31 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Agree that it is probably a cheater quilt .... unless someone did a LOT of fussy cut work!

The pattern is do-able though. Here are the three block units that I see ......

* There are two different centre blocks. One would be a SIAS, which in this pic has the appearance of FC. The other .... forget what that block is called, but it is a SIAS, with the outside corner triangles made with three pieces to give a different effect. I am pretty sure that it was a pattern in FWS? PC? and/or DJ? Pretty much depends on how intense you want these blocks to be.

* The four rectangular side blocks could be two QSTs together, with the match up of the QST being the same fabric. Or could go about it in a longer process and keep the centre square solid and add on the other pieces. For simplicity's sake, I think this would be easier to do in PPing in order to keep the accuracy. A narrow strip would be added to complete that unit. Because of the colour placements, it gives the effect of a bigger SIAS when combined with the central blocks.

* Nine patch on the corners between those side rectangles.

For this pattern, you would not be doing blocks and then joining them together in rows.
Instead, you would make the number of each of the three (actually four) units required.
Then lay them out ... design wall would be oh so helpful .... and stitch them together.

As already said ... get your graph paper out and you will soon have it figured out.

And ... I hope you will let us know how you make out!!

Good Luck!