View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 AM
AZ Jane

Originally Posted by Genden View Post
Quilting is a big tent encompassing a wide variety of styles, types, and skill levels. I have enjoyed most of them and felt pride in accomplishing something difficult successfully. With that said, recently I have been thinking that printed quilting patterns, sometimes known as cheater cloth might be something to consider for utilitarian bed quilts. I have friends who have completed quilts from this fabric and they turned out quite lovely. They were for married children who were going to use them as bed quilts and utilitarian quilts. It made me think I should abandon my elitist attitude that a quilt should be pieced, appliqued, or embroidered to qualify as a quilt. From the stand point of cost and time, it seems to make sense. What do you think about cheater cloth quilts?
Why not?? Life is short. I have one now I'm trying to work on. It's from a cousin whose friend had started it but sadly passed before it was finished. Hand quilted LOL with poly batting. Eventually I'll finish it for her because I love her dearly. And she would do anything for you.

I believe cheater fabric and panels are two different animals. There are several on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/cheater-quilt-fabric

Last edited by AZ Jane; 02-17-2017 at 06:51 AM.