View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 04:44 PM
donna13350

Originally Posted by addiesewsassy View Post
Hi, I am very new here, I think this is my first post. I have a question and hope someone can help me. I have a Brother which I love and just got a Singer Futura XL 550. I have been playing around with my Singer and my question is, is there a way to move/adjust the hoop. For instance, If I hoop something and my center is off a little can I adjust the singer's hoop position? I know you can with Brother, I just cannot figure out this Singer. Hope that is not confusing. Thank you.
I have a Singer, different model...but with my machine I can move the design ...the hoop stays where it is so that once you lock it in, you can (for instance), stop the machine to change the bobbin, and when you put it back on, it's exactly where you left off.
You can either drag a square around your entire design and then move it that way, or you can copy and paste it where you want it. It will be much easier for you if you have your grid marks checked "on" in the options. The hoop itself has center arrows on all four sides, so when you are lining it up on your screen, if you have the grid marks on, you can easily see in 1" increments where it needs to go.