Thread: quilty projects
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 09:44 AM
wesing

Thanks for the comments! I am pretty pleased with myself for getting these done.

I wish I had thought to use a butter dish in the liner. That is inspired! I bought boning to hold the opening open, but if I ever make any more I will use the nylon strapping that comes on the boxes of copier paper we get at work. Free is good!

The table was a major splurge for us but SO worth it. It is a Martelli table with a built in mat and is height adjustable. We bought it during one of their half price sales and we love it. It is so versatile. I put my machine up there last year to sew a few blocks and discovered that I like sewing while standing.

The pin cushions have ground walnut shells in them. I bought them at the pet store in the reptile section. I don't know why reptiles use walnut shells, but that is where I found them. It's a bit of a pain closing up the cushions. You don't want ANY of the shells to leak out into your machine where they could cause problems.

The machine has been a very good purchase. I got it used when I took my first quilt class and I love it. We have other machines that I like, but I will miss this one if it ever dies. It's from before Pfaff sold out to Singer and was made in Germany.

Thanks again.

Last edited by wesing; 02-24-2017 at 09:48 AM.