View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 12:36 PM
rryder

I store all my fabric, even yardage, in those plastic drawer units that Target and Walmart sell. I use comic book boards that I cut down so they fit in the drawer units. I have different drawers for different lengths. So one drawer holds anything over two yards, including backing fabric. One drawer holds cuts that are between 1 and 2 yards, another drawer holds scraps that are larger than a fat quarter and another drawer holds fat quarters. All are wrapped around comic book boards that I cut down to fit into the units and are stored on end with the folded side up with a label showing size pinned on. these are arranged from dark to light in the drawers. These are great because I can pull a drawer out and take it to my cutting table when I want to audition a bunch of different fabrics. That means that any that don't get used get put back in the proper drawer immediately which helps keep the clutter down (a little LOL). The drawers keep dust off and fit under my work tables in my sewing area which is great since I don't have wall space to put up shelves.

Rob