Old 02-25-2017, 07:44 AM
running1

Default how to safely store fabric for a long-term project?

Good Morning quilters! My sister has been collecting batiks for a pair of quilts I'll make for the two of us. I have plenty of fabric and it's going to be a "Block of the Week" (I hope) project for me. It's a quilt using all the old block patterns and then lots of connecting areas using Flying Geese, Pinwheels and such. The quilt is called "Women of the Bible" and the blocks represent different women... Anyway... my sis wanted the quilt and she loves the idea of me making two: one for her and one for me. So...I need to get started on this and it will take many weeks to complete. My sewing room is small and I haven't figured out yet how to store all this fabric safely And for easy (or fairly easy) access???? Help??? I've thought about those under-the-bed plastic containers...but is the plastic safe for the fabric? This project won't last for years, but it will for months. Do I need to look for long cardboard boxes? Any ideas where to look? Please help!?! Right now the fabric is lying on the guest bed, but that's not a good solution...

Thanks, in advance, for all your ideas????

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-25-2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS