View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Rhondals

Default I Finished a UFO from 2005!!

I just finished this quilt. This is a class quilt from 2005. It was a machine quilting class. I had my mom's Viking. In the class, I found out it couldn't quilt. I got frustrated with trying to quilt this, and I stuffed it in a closet, with no rust safety pins and non yellowing marking tape. I had to make 3 blocks, mirroring the already sewn blocks. It was supposed to be quilted and bought back to the shop. I don't like the shop now. It's changed since 2005.

I didn't realize I had the tape and the pins still in it. I pulled it out, and the tape and pins had stained and yellowed. You can see the rust stains. But they also kind of blend. I'd cover them up but I don't know what will look okay. I sat down and quilted it in 45 minutes with my Janome New Home DC 2014 2 nights ago. From Quilting Forum, I found out about Leah Day's website,and I stalked it. I did her method of binding today. I had to stop and start the video at every step. lol.

My mom is getting me the ebook of Leah Day's machine quilting for my birthday in March. I am going to make the Building Blocks Quilt. I'm glad this quilt is out of the way. I doubt the shop wants it back. I need to catalog it in a note book. It's my second usable quilt. I'm going to baste Mr. Chillingsworth and quilt it either tomorrow or next weekend. It's out of the way, it's done. I do have a quilting question. Do you start in the center, or start on the edge for machine quilting?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568957[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 16836481_10210878686575946_2651951846814734422_o.jpg