View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 05:36 PM
AUQuilter

Emptied and put away the contents of a clear bin like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...e-Box/19400063 and a clear smaller bin about half its size. They held pages from magazines waiting for plastic sleeves, a few quilt books, copies of patterns I will be doing next **, and other quilting papers that needed to be put away. (** The copies of patterns are for my own use. I have found that I scribble too much on patterns so I copy them now and keep my original notes to the minimum. The very first pattern I worked on was one of those with the number of pieces in parentheses for the various sizes so I cut too many of one and too few of the other. So I highlighted the size I was working on and thus the copying started to help thwart as few mistakes as possible. I fold those copies and paper clip to the pattern I am using.) For the magazine quilts and such, they went into plastic sleeves and into corresponding binders. Binders are finally numbered and labeled. Not fancy- just an index card cut lengthwise into thirds and a sampling of what is in that binder with a # at the end. I then did a quick Word Document with a general listing of what was in those binders and inserted the sheet on inside of binder- binding, borders, HST methods, Labeling or Appliqué, selvage, minis, home decor or just one identifier on the index card- Bonnie Hunter. Too many times I am looking for an article, quick tutorial I printed or the like and can't remember where I put it. So hoping this helps. Put the few quilt books back on book shelf. The remaining magazines and some plastic sleeves will go with me on our next car trip so I can tear the ones I want to keep. Collected and organized patterns back into the portable file box. Will finish organizing cutting table cubbies and then off to bed.