View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 06:34 AM
Fizzle

I have thought a garbage that was under counter but with hole cut out of countertop would be nice. Easy to use. Out of site. But handy. They are all over in restaurants and the like. My current trash is in a pullout cabinet style which is fine. But if I put a hole in top it would be sooo much better!!! Slide trash in. When full, open door to remove the can... maybe you could build in a box with 2 cutouts. One trash, one recycle. Oh, I also put in a trash compactor that we use for recycle. Open with foot. Really compacts our recycle!!!
When we remodeled I was the same way about dust. Was talked into simple cabinet front that would be "easy to care for". And I fell for it. When the dust settled and I had to clean I emailed the designer that helped and let her know how unhappy I was with the 73 little ledges I have to now dust!!! I can send a photo of what we have if you are interested. I would do same style but omit that piece. I also hung my bar stools from the island. Much easier to sweep floor! Love my kitchen!!!!