View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 07:06 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fizzle View Post
I have thought a garbage that was under counter but with hole cut out of countertop would be nice. Easy to use. Out of site. But handy..........
..... see my earlier comments about the realities of the "hole" ......
Another thought about it ... the amount of counter space that is lost, because of the hole.
And the added fear of something accidentally falling in!

I think what you are meaning re your ledges is the flat front door, with a layer of wood around it that sticks out about 1/4"? Yes, they are miserable for cleaning ..... I have that style in my bathroom. Never again!

GemRM ... thinking about this some more, and the cupboards I have had and what were cleaning nightmares! Look for ones with some softer curves on the trimmings, and for shallow indents/nooks and crannies. The deeper the cut or the sharper the angle, the more difficult it is to keep clean.

Also, consider the colouring and finish of your cabinetry .... what will camouflage the dust or disturbances of it better? and what will show every grease speck! Not saying that you are not a good housekeeper, but the easier they are to keep clean, the happier you (and your non-cleaning-husband!) will be ............. with more time for sewing!!

A thought for the wife/husband disagreements re home renos .... do you get to design his man-cave? workshop? etc. If that is mentioned, then the men-folk might see the point, and understand why you have your reasons as to what is important to you when doing renos.

Last edited by QuiltE; 02-26-2017 at 07:17 AM.