View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 02:14 PM
alikigirl

I bought a database software for collections called Recollector. I just love it. It allows you to define the fields you want to keep track of. It creates a data entry screen for those fields. You can have a picklist on a field for most used values (I use this for the various batting types I use). You can display the collection as a spreadsheet, and then sort on any field. I have 1 field I called fabric category, so if I am in the mood to make a string quilt, I can pull up all of the previous string quilts I have made, and quickly be reminded of one I really liked. I also have a field called season, so if I want to display a seasonal wall hanging I can find it. Some of the other things I keep track of are quilt owner, machines used, whether labeled or not, stabilizer used if has machine embroidery, digitizer, of course pattern name and designer or if free from the internet. It does let you keep several images too. I am not affiliated with the software, just a real happy user. It costs $49, and is well worth it. Here is a link. http://www.collectingcatalog.com/
By the way, my DH is a computer programmer and I kept asking him to create something, so he searched on-line and found this and said it is a bargain in relationship to how much time it would have taken him to create.
Georgia in FL