Old 02-28-2017, 09:22 PM
starshine

Hi all missed last month as I had too much going on and was out of town for a few days too. And it looks like I will sit out this month too. I hope to be in for April though.
A couple of things I can contribute: a few years ago I sent some packages international and discovered that padded flat rate could be sent with a weight limit of 4# or less, when the domestic price was $6.30-ish the international price was around $26. I checked on the usps site and the domestic price for the flat rate padded envelope is $7.20 and international to Austrailia is $33.95, Uk is 32.95, and Canada is 23.95, and the cardboard flat rate envelopes (only checked Canada) was the same price as padded. And a large envelope that is not priority going to Canada was --for 3 lbs. 24.95 and 4 # was 36.50. I imagine the overseas would be proportionally more as the flat rate ratio.
One more bit of info when I mailed my first overseas (not Canada) package I just had it in a padded manilla type envelope (not flat rate), it weight a pound or just a few oz more and it was about $26, it was all sealed etc. the clerk let me know that overseas would be the same price up to 4 pounds and after that I also discovered flat rate can be sent with the international postage prices.

Hope this helps some with thoughts on sending international.

Last edited by starshine; 02-28-2017 at 09:29 PM.