View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 07:23 AM
Snooze2978

Default New Fabric Shelves

Hello, its been a long time coming but finally got it done with the help of some friends this past Sunday. Prior I had laminated bookcases.......4 of them for just the cotton fabric and 4 shorter cabinets with the doors removed. Now I still have 1 tall bookcase and 2 shorter cabinets but 7 new 9' shelves along the back wall with the taller cabinet and 3 6' shelves between the 2 shorter cabinets. I'd had some water issues down here in the basement but fixed that but the damage had been done on the bottom of my taller cabinets so when we removed them we left them on the front porch so I could spray bleach on the bottoms of them and let them air dry in the sun. The baseboards also needed a shot of the bleach too. So while it was drying the men got started installing the shelf tracking to the walls. I didn't have the correct size tracking for the 6' shelves but between what was leftover from the 9' shelves we managed to get them installed just the same. Of course to have the shorter shelves tall enough to house my bolts, they stand a little taller than my short shelves. I can live with this. So here are before pics and after pics. You decide if it looks better. At least I have most everything off the floor now so I can walk around my cutting table.

Next thing to change out will be my design wall. Had the lumber shop cut 1.5" styrafoam 48W x 70L x 2 = 96W x 70L. Also ordered a new covering made of flannel large enough to cover the styrafoam in one piece, no seams. Have a project I'm working on right now so will wait till its done. Too many pieces to it to remove. Maybe this weekend.

Also my old bookcases went upstairs to my spare bedroom made into a library housing over 500 hardback books from Florida (packed in totes since 2007) so glad to have them where I can now enjoy them..............if I ever come out of the sewing room again.
Attached Thumbnails cutting-room-1.jpg   cutting-room-2.jpg   cutting-room-3.jpg   fabric-room-1-2017.jpg   fabric-room-2-2017.jpg