View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 02:47 PM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

I had that exact setup. The machine is a rebranded Tin Lizzie 18LS. The machine itself ran great, tension was easy to set. The encoders, which are the gizmos that enable the stitch regulators were constantly malfunctioning. Neither the Viking dealer nor Tin Lizzie was helpful. I finally just learned to quilt in manual mode. When you run the qbot, you have to turn on the machine in stitch regulated mode, so if that doesn't work, neither does the qbot. I really like FMQing. I would not have purchased this feature, but I got the set up used from a Viking dealer. I eventually traded the whole setup in for a handi quilter.
The frame does not have a dead bar, so you have to manually raise the takeup roller as you advance the quilt. Just something to keep in mind as you have to have easy access to both sides of the frame. Also the rollers are aluminum, so a bit more flexible than others and no magnets.
The qbot unit will record your stitching without additional software. You can store your designs off to a sim card (make sure you check the size of the card, it will only take small ones. can't remember 2 gig maybe?) Software to create your own design on your PC was separate.

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 03-05-2017 at 02:51 PM.