Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:09 PM
marija

Sorry, I did'nt tag along. Sounds like you had a great time.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
More wonderful blocks as usual. Thank you for my bonus block Joan. I love the barn door. Now I only have to make two more of those blocks.

Big thanks for the picture of the beautiful women in our boom. It was wonderful to see everyone.

Sewbiz girl I took your advice. We have Cruisin quilters here in San Diego. 10 shops get together, offer discounts, and offer 12 1/2" patterns for free and the fabric you need for $5 each square. Kinda like a row swap. I was going to do Hawaiian fabric for the next swap but wouldn't you know it, they had a tropical Hawaiian theme in the color one of the recipients of the quilts I'm making loves.. So I got the fabric and squares for 6 of them. We went to 8 of the 10 shops. I went with the beginner I am helping to learn to quilt (kind of like the blind leading the blind). We had a lot of fun. restrained ourselves from spending too much and got fabric for projects for the next six months.

I bought fabric for the next boom and it is Hawaiian fabric. After all there are two people who are getting Hawaiian fabric. It's more restrained than the skeletons but not by that much.