View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 05:32 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I did the Sharon Shamberg way a couple times. I have found if I center my table and mark it , I'm going to use then quarter fold the fabric, and press the folds with my hands and center all. I have found I can do a running baste stitch ( gma called it) through the center folds. I do a cross baste to determine my center just incase a distraction and knot those ends. Showed my neighbor this when she needed help with a over-sized king size quilt (more a like California King with sides to the floor). We did this on her kitchen table (36" x 60"). She quilted it on her domestic. She also has a 401 in a desk cabinet. Propped the ironing board behind the sewing machine, used the round clips (like closed horse shoes) and couple small table to the side to deter the weight drag. Took her 3 days to quilt (she does have a life). This was a bright colored quilt and she actually wore sunglasses at times to quilt it. We wore sunglasses when we basted it. If it can be done on a California king and on a domestic you can do a smaller on your domestic.