View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 07:46 PM
NJ Quilter

Default Whew! What a break!

I haven't sewn for ages. I have spent several days over the last couple of weeks cleaning up my sewing room. Got some UFO's re-organized. That's all good.

Had a 'bonus' day today (no work - yippee!) so decided I was going to sew. Had a UFO that had one measly block that needed to be done (a sampler class from my LQS from 3 yrs ago!). So I pressed and started slicing and dicing. Had to do some diagonals made from squares. No biggie. Set those aside. Then to cutting sub-cuts of background fabric. This was for a paper piecing block. Well, as I'm sliding my background fabric along to make sub-cuts (do you see where this is going?), I accidentally pulled a stack of the triangles along underneath of the background fabric. As I was slicing that I noticed a shadow under the fabric. Horrors! It was the tips of the triangles of one group of fabrics and not the piece of paper I assumed!

Of course, no same leftover fabric as they only give you small cuts of what you need for that given block. All the fabrics are very cooridinated. Worst case, I can probably piece something together. Take a break. The shop owner/instructor for this project always oversizes the sub-cuts for pp'ing - thankfully. None of my clipped points made a difference!

I was able to get the segments done without having to piece my goofy triangles! Happy day. So much so that I even managed to do some hand quilting this evening! Closing in on the end of that particular UFO as well! A good day all around! Just had to share since I know most of you have 'been there, done that' in one way or another.

Happy sewing/quilting to all!