View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Jan in FL

I joined WW Online on January 1st this year. It was not a New Year's Resolution. It was a result of me seeing a picture of myself on December 31st. I immediately said, "It's time. For good." I work full time and really don't have extra time to find a meeting and have no desire to go to one. I have been in a WW meeting group at work years ago. I found that I bought all the snack products they were selling at the meetings and really lost my focus. This time, I am not eating any of the convenience fast food snacks. All my meals and snacks are prepared at home (fruits, veggies,etc.) and I am doing well. I have two long time long distance friends who are doing this with me, along with both my husband and daughter (because I buy the groceries and cook the food - they are somewhat forced!). I gave my User ID and Password to my two friends and they did the same. This keeps us honest and we can peek in to make sure the others are eating right, recording points, weighing in, etc. It's also a great way to share meals and recipes. I want to lose a total of 90 - 100 lbs. Since January 1st, I have lost 23 lbs. I had a conversation with a coworker yesterday (because people are beginning to notice the weight loss) and was surprised at myself when I told her that I had not felt deprived one time. The online tools are a MUST in my opinion. The key to any weight loss plan (also in my opinion) is to plan plan plan. If I have the foods that are best for me to eat available, by taking them with me to work and having them ready at home, I am successful. I am 53 next month and have tried so many diets and changes in habits through the years but have not stuck with them. Even my husband and daughter are now learning what foods are better choices and why. GOOD LUCK whatever you decide.