Old 03-08-2017, 07:36 PM
givio

My area had terrible high winds. The huge tree between our house and the neighbor's house blew down. Of course it fell in our yard instead of theirs. :-( I was just glad it didn't hit the house, though. There was no electricity in areas downtown Lansing (capitol of MI) and East Lansing, and towns around about. At work, we had the generator come on for awhile. I was glad to see on arriving home that we had electricity. Some didn't have it since 11:00am in town, and it's cold out. Brrrrr, I'm glad I have heat. So many traffic lights and street lights were not working; people were driving, coming and going as they wanted, when they wanted--dangerous driving! I turned off the highway, and drove down the street into town, and didn't even realize when I got to the curve in the road that I'd passed what I'd passed already. The businesses were all closed and dark. Without the normal lights and landmarks, it was surprisingly difficult to know where I was. The people shopping and the normal activity all absent... it was rather disorientating.

Last edited by givio; 03-08-2017 at 07:45 PM.