View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 04:26 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by SherB View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569589[/ATTACH] This is my first watercolor quilt. Well, actually, my second attempt, but the first was regulated to "file 13". It is 2" squares, unsewn. Bunny and raccoon are painted on separate fabric to be appliquéd after sewing the background together, if I get that far! I was attempting to make it look like the sun is shining on my critters. Do I need to reverse my light and dark yellows? Should the yellows be eliminated altogether? This is the first quilt new quilters should make. I have learned so much about color value with this project. Still, lots more to learn. All suggestions will be appreciated.
I love your sunlight effect. I have been studying water color quilts for a while now, and the only comment I have is if you count four blocks down, and four blocks over, on the upper right, in the photo, there is kind of a "void" space in the branches that immediately caught my eye, with all the beauty you have accomplished, maybe adjust the six squares? That might just might focus your sunbeam better? Just my thought... (And worth every penny you paid for it, right? Lol.)