View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 08:17 AM
CanoePam

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Very nice, I can see why you fell in love with the panel it is very interesting.

Just to clarify your reference to the threads used....Invisifil is made by a Canadian Company called Wonderfil. Superior did start making a knockoff product called Microquilter. I suspect they started to notice how many people were using Invisifil and wanted to take a bite out of the market with their own version. Both threads are 100wt polyester.

I have not tried Superiors Microquilter but I absolutely love Wonderfil's Invisifil and actually like every thread Wonderfil makes that I have sampled so far. Their thread is not easy to find, except on line or at shows that Wonderfil attends but is well worth the effort to seek their products out. And the owners, Andrew and Fiona are absolutely delightful people.
Thank you so much for the correction! I was wrong about the thread. I used MonoPoly from Superior Threads. It is not the same as the Microquilter which has real colors. The MonoPoly is a clear thread(though it also comes in a smoke color). I actually had the spool because I took a class in appliqué that had it as part of the kit. I don't do dense quilting, but I will have to give Wonderfil threads try some time. I have heard good things about them.