View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 07:20 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Originally Posted by omak
I have chronic bronchitis, COPD, and all those awful things that happen to people who smoke.
Last December, I was going down for the count again, and I went and bought ZICAM ...
The swabs are good for opening your sinuses, and they have quick melt tablets that so helped that night time coughing that is irritating and costs us sleep.
ZICAM also has cough drops that I haven't tried, since I can't stand cherry, but maybe next time <g> ...
It is now February, and I should be going down again, and I still might, but I am loaded up with ZICAM ... someone told me that it is zinc and calcium ... ZINC is absolutely a cold buster. <wave>
Please be careful with Zicam. There is a lawsuit out because of it. My sister lost her sense of smell from using it & taste for some things because of Ziacam. Doctor told her that is what caused it. Just a word of warning.
If you go to Snopes.com, you will see that the lawsuit is a small part of the ZICAM story. As I noted, there are more than just nasal swabs as forms of getting the minerals and vitamins into your system. I happen to be one that can use the swabs, and since recommending this to many people, none of them have had a bad reaction. As far as losing sense of smell and taste because of ZICAM, the article at Snopes.com points out that many people lose those senses as a side effect of having a cold.
At one point, ZICAM pulled their swabs, but they are now back on the market, so the "lawsuit" has no merit, or the company was able to disprove the point. <wave>