View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 07:26 AM
minibarn

Default 15-91 tension assembly question

I took apart my tension assembly to clean and in looking at the diagrams noticed that the tension stud on my machine is turned a different way than what is pictured. In the picture the "forks" (N) of the stud are horizontal but mine are vertical...does that matter? I have gotten the assembly back together but I seem to be having a hard time setting it right. In other wards it is too tight and I can't seem to get it where I want it. Also, what can I put on that stud to lubricate it just a bit because I have a hard time getting the thumb nut back on and the stud is somewhat grungy.

One more thing...the directions for reassembly say to put the numbered dial (C) on the stud so that the number 2 is opposite the extension (S) of the stop washer (D). Does that mean to line them up? In other words do I make sure that extension is behind that number 2 on the dial?

I hope all that made sense and someone can help me out a bit more. I have looked at a few tutorials and utubes but was just not 100% sure of those few things. Also a lot of the diagrams etc are for tension assemblies that are on the front of the machine so they are a bit different.

Last edited by minibarn; 03-17-2017 at 07:40 AM. Reason: more info