View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 05:15 PM
Lynnie25

Default Aussie Football Quilts

I haven't posted much lately, been busy with life in general and quilting of course.

The AFL (Aussie Rules Football) season is about to start and I have been quilting a couple of football themed quilts. They are doona covers which I have unpicked, added wadding and then they are quilted by me on a domestic quilting machine. Binding is added to finish them off. They are a good double bed size quilt but will be used for lap quilts.

The first quilt is for a good friend who follows North Melbourne and his idol was Brent Harvey (Boomer) who retired last year. I quilted his number, date of birth, number of games, his 'nickname' and years he played onto the quilt.

The second quilt is one I am working on this weekend as a surprise birthday present for my husband on Thursday. He is away for the weekend so I need to get it quilted and the binding on by Sunday afternoon. I am making great progress, the outline quilting of the tiger is done, just need to work out what I am doing in the outer areas.

Thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails jamies-quilt.jpg   17352497_10209385872549818_4410696496909075355_n.jpg