View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Alu_Rathbone

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Cold-Eze, those suckable tablets containing zinc, are supposed to work, but relief isn't instant.

To get the mucus flowing out, here's an Indian soup recipe. It's very tasty, and it sure does make the mucus flow! Of course, if your nose is very sensitive right now, you may not want to do this.

2 rounded Tbsp. grated fresh ginger root, with any juice that comes out with the grating
4 cups water or chicken broth
3/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
1 Tbsp. cumin seeds, toasted in a dry skillet & ground (right. I just used a small amount of ground cumin)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
juice of 1 fresh lemon
cilantro leaves for garnish (or flavoring)

1. Bring the ginger and broth or water to a boil.
2. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. The liquid will reduce to half.
3. Add the salt, cumin, pepper; simmer for 2 more minutes.
4. Squeeze in the lemon juice and garnish with the cilantro.

Serves 4-6.

I also find that drinking 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar in 1 cup warm-hot water a few times a day will get rid of a cold fast, like within 1 - 2 days. Yes, it's nasty, but it works.
Is that East Indian or Native American Indian? And is it spicy?

And heres something that you can drink each day... Half cider vinager to half honey (how much depends on you) my great grandfather drinks that each day. He's in his 90's! My aunt says that it tastes like apple cider (truth in that is beyond me I've never tried it)

Also, home made chicken soup is a great cure...

Also Ginger Juice works too... I've tried that... It's horrible to drink but it works... it stings a bit too!! lol

Also, Chammomile tea or Sleepytime tea (both by Celestial Seasonings)

With both teas you add honey to taste, milk (just enough to make an amber color) and if desired alcohol (for sleep but just a thimble full)