Thread: Food processor
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 08:52 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

It is only me and my DH but I do use mine a lot. I have a Cuisineart. I probably use it for grating cheeses more than any other thing. I don't like to buy pre-grated cheese because of what they put into it for an anti-clumping agent (basically it is sawdust). I use it puree soups, chop veggies, mix cake and cookie batters, make meat spreads. It really does make quick work of making a cheesecake batter. I also use mine to make whipped cream.

When it is canning season it is indispensable to me when making my massive batches of tomato sauce for canning. I use it to chop all the onions, peppers and garlic before cooking the tomatoes down into sauce, then after it is done I use it to puree the sauce (and I can still leave it just a little bit chunky). In recipes when I need a lot of chopped garlic it makes quick work of it, just peel the cloves, turn the machine on and drop the cloves in with the machine running.

Ideal for making my own bread crumbs and cracker crumbs. I have also used it to make my own home-made sausage but if I had a meat grinder attachment I would use that instead. You have to be careful when using the chopping function on raw meat, it is easy to overdo it.

It does do a decent job of slicing hard veggies but I prefer a mandolin for that.