View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 04:24 AM
Snooze2978

I use 2.25" folded, glue and press it on the ironing board before I go to the machine to stitch it down from the front side, then hand stitch it with 1 thread, knotting it within the seam allowance so it doesn't show. When I have to end the thread I put a couple stitches where I'm ending, then add another couple stitches together to knot it within the seam allowance, then start the new thread knotting it within the seam allowance so it doesn't show and then continue. I also tack down my mitered corners as I go along from back to front and back to the back side again. I also with run the needle thru the double layer when I'm ending my thread after I've knotted it witin the seam allowance and then cut it. Similiar to how to hide your thread tails when quilting. The Elmer's glue I use as someone else mentioned washes out in the 1st wash. I also don't use straight pins as I hand sew the binding to the back but those new clips. Just use 4 or 5 and keep moving them along in front as I go. No pins to get pricked by. Its a great way for me to not munch while I watch TV at night.