View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Marcia

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Hi Marcia,

WOW!! :shock: This is one of the prettiest quilts of this BOM I've seen so far! :D Must be the Kansas Troubles fabrics, and of course your excellent workmanship. :thumbup:

May I ask what your ideas are for quilting it? I've kinda been stumped with how to best quilt samplers. Do you treat each block individually, or do you do an all over design? I'm working on a sampler that has 22 blocks, two of eleven different blocks, so was wondering how you get your inspiration. :?:

Again, awesome job!!
Thanks for the kind words. I think it is the fabrics that give the quilt a warm fuzzy feeling. You can never go wrong with Kansas Troubles.

I wish I had some great ideas for the quilting. I am going to tackle each block individually and find inspiration in some of the books I have purchased with quilt patterns in them. I am not good at free motion quilting at all, so I do know that my borders will be a grid of some kind. I will post again when I have it finished---but don't be holding your breath, because it is not going to be any time real soon! :)