Old 03-21-2017, 04:42 AM
Barb in Louisiana

I found that it is much easier if both the machines use the same bobbin and feet. That being said, I have a Brother Innovis 4000D and a Brother CSI6000. I had a small Janome, but had to read the manual every time I used it and it used a different bobbin. It did sew better than the Brother CSI6000, but I lost time every time I used it.

FYI......most quilt guild meetings are not sewing meetings. Usually they are for business, show & tell, education, challenges and charity. I would go to the first meeting with an open mind and see if you even like what is going on. Bees or sew days is where you typically use a sewing machine. A large group that I belong to has sewing bees for different types of projects. You can learn a lot there, but mostly everyone wants to work on their own stuff. Even though I love to sew with others, I find that packing up, traveling and unpacking and then the reverse takes 2 or 3 hours out of my sew day and defeats my purpose of getting something done. A good thing is that you might meet others that want to meet and sew with only a single other person. This is where you can leave your sewing machine there, have access to rulers and cutters so you don't have to bring yours and just sew, visit and have fun. That's the sew days I like.