View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Jane Quilter

With all these options, and preferences, you are going to be spending too much time explaining options to customers which could be interpreted as arguing or being a know it all, both negative to obtaining customer sales. May I suggest you make up a sales book of options or a design board of options where for example you would make up 50 owls. The 1st column would show:
a) Owls arrive in 8 pieces with H & B Ultra
b) Customer Assembles Owl by (sewing/gluing)
c) Customer Attaches to Item (t-shirt/ quilt square)
d) After 10 launderings it looks and feels like this:

The 2nd column would show H&B lite, the 3rd column would show wonderunder etc.

That way, the customer would understand all her options, what she is getting, what to do with it, and what it will look like right away and after 10 washings. She could touch them and make up her own mind without you explaining, "selling" or "pushing" while she is thinking "well that is not my experience". This does not answer your question exactly, but it does. And it says, this is your cottage industry, you are the expert, you know the answers because you have tried all the options on all the products out there. This is what you recommend, but if your customer is nervous about the outcome of your recommendation, here is what it will turn out to be, and if you don't like that, here are the other options that are possible, but maybe not optional. Let me know how you want your order placed, Boom! Ca Ching!

Last edited by Jane Quilter; 03-23-2017 at 12:23 PM.