View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 02:16 PM
117becca

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
OOOH the black is superb! The quilting is over the top. Tell me about the wool batting. It is too warm? How does it wash? I have some, I am scared to use it.....
I love the black, too!!!!

Can't answer about warmth. Personally, if i want something warm, I will start out w/ a flannel backing. My mom does say the Warm and Natural is warm - and can be heavy.

It washed great - I used a cold wash/cold rinse and a delicate cycle - on the shortest amount of time. I just want to remove dust and cat hair. I wash all my quilts, even w/ cotton batting in the same manner. I use a mild detergent - Dreft that is left over from when i fostered and had a teenage girl w/ a baby.

The packaging said the wool batting should be laid flat to dry, so i did not put it in the dryer. The shrinkage/crinkly effect is probably from the cotton fabric shrinking up. I used Quilters Dream and there is never much shrinkage, even w/ their cotton batting.

My quilts w/ cotton batting go thru the dryer and w/ medium heat. My brother's quilt had cotton batting because he'll never remember to lay a quilt to dryer - he'd rather throw it the dryer