View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Thanks K I get a bit insecure at times about my work. Especially when it is something differant than what I usually do.
It is hard to imagine that you would be secure about your work. You do such a beautiful job. You really inspire me. I've bought your book, but I haven't tried it yet. It is near the top of my list of things to do. This quilt really shows that you can create something beautiful from any type of print. Impressive.
Just because I have more experience in my little corner of the quilt world there is a great big world of quilting that I have never tried! Give me a traditional mini and I am confidant but when I try something I haven't done before I am unsure at times whether what I think is great will look that way to others. I got outside my comfort zone on this one. I don't do big quilts so borders like this one is something I don't do design wise. I didn't really like 2 of the kaleidoscopes in the corners but I was at that point that I wasn't going to do them over. So the over all look was affected by that decision. I worried that the corn border was too hokey. Not pretty. It is corn afterall!! I thought maybe I should have stopped with the center because it doesn't scream this is corn like the border does. But I wanted to show the original fabric somewhere.

No matter your experience we more seasoned quilters have our doubts and insecurities too. Did I make the right choice in that fabric did I do that right? I especially question myself all the time. My weakest point is I don't do alot of quilting things down as my small projects don't always need it. So I am not very good at quilting designs into the project.