View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 12:51 PM
svan

Default Baby Lock Jazz

Very frustrated with my new Baby Lock Jazz purchased on March 8, 2017. The appeal of the Jazz was that it was for quilters and it had that lovely deck , wide throat and great lighting that my present machines did not have. I am an experienced quilter and am presently working on the “Quilter’s Patch by Edyta Sitar”. My biggest frustration is that it does not like to go over any bulk. I am working on some pinwheels and you really have to fight to get it to go through the layers when joining them together. I do use a quilters Awl. A few times now the thread has broken when trying to do this and you better have a screwdriver handy. The thread gets caught up in the take-up lever inside and the only way to open the face plate is with a screwdriver from the back. I had to do this 4 times within the first 2 weeks. I took it back to the store after week one and he gave me other needles to try as the tension looked good with the samples I took in. I took it back after week two and he told me to try to reposition the needle. I am now closing in on week three and the frustration continues. I was really hoping this would be the work horse I was looking for. Right now I am not even enjoying my new machine, for the price I expected more.