View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:40 PM
thequilteddove

My daughter is pregant; she's due mid July. Because she has had a child w/spina bifida, her chances of having another child w/sb is increased.

Yesterday she got the results of her blood test and she was told that she got a positive result for sb. She's already pretty distressed and this news only added to her concerns. She was also told that the placenta was too low & it was cause for concern...

Well today she was scheduled for her 3rd ultrasound. Knowing how distressed she's been feeling her hubby called the hospital & managed to get the head doctor, in what ever department that has to do w/sb. Fortunately this doctor was able to make it to my daughter's appointment. The doctor said that if she had not had a child w/sb b4, he would read the blood results as negative (the numbers were like 1 out 107,000). He also did the special ultra sound & did a through inspection of the baby.

Good news: The baby is p.u.r.f.e.c.t,
her placenta is where it's suppose to be, and
it's going to be a boy!

My daughter was so relieved & happy that she cried. When she sends me a picture of the ultrasound I'll post.

Here's a picture of Morgan, my grand daugher. She may not be able to walk, but she's p.u.r.f.e.c.t just the same :)

Morgan work'n hard to pedal her adaptive bike w/her hands (no help from her legs).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32157[/ATTACH]

Morgan's 1s time bowling (now she does it from her wheel chair).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32158[/ATTACH]

1st pony ride ("I don't need to ride the pony. I just need a hug. ).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32159[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32157.jpe   attachment-32158.jpe   attachment-32159.jpe