View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 02:56 AM
Maureen NJ

I bought the spoon for hand quilting and I did not like it because you then have one less hand to use, if you understand what I mean. It does work if you don't mind that. There are some short videos on YouTube. Needle comes down and hits the spoon and then you move the spoon back and it allows you to make a stitch. Don't invest in one until you try it first with a regular spoon. I believe it was on Ginny Beyers site that I read about a lady who tapes a quarter on her thumb (the underneath one) and that is what I do. I use painters tape and have the quarter extend about 1/4- 3/8" beyond the tip of the finger on the non-nail side. The needle hits that instead of my finger. You will get the rhythm after a short time. I also use Clover Protect and Grip thimble and Quilters finger grips that I purchase from JoAnns. I use the thimble on my middle finger right hand and the finger grips on my right hand thumb and left hand middle finger. The grips make it easy to pull the needle. The quarter is on my left thumb.