View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Moonpi

Originally Posted by quiltingmom86
Yes, that's the one I have been looking at.
A salesman for another company told me they are made in Brazil.
I plan to test drive when possible and open it up to look at the parts inside.
I really do not want plastic.
Maybe will end up buying a older "reconditioned" model.
Several years ago my good machine was in the shop. Bought a used one that they had took in on a trade in. $75.00 and it works wonderful. I call it the back up machine.
Want one that tolerates going faster more than what I have.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Run- do not walk!!!

I had that piece of crap. While it is heavy and LOOKS like metal, it is plastic. All the works inside are plastic, too. After 2 1/2 years, it was costing me more in repairs than I paid for it new!!!! Three times in the shop for timing problems is too much. I am not rough with machines, either. One worm gear was shredded and burred from a piece of thread getting near it. The inner plastic is much too soft to be practical.

The accessories were flimsy, the walking foot sounded like it would give out at any minute, and the "serger" foot was really a toy. Do not buy this until you have a good look at it, inside and out. I will never trust a Brazilian machine again!

I bought a Sears Kenmore made by Janome after that, and have been very happy with it. It is not as fast as the Singer, but has been trouble-free for a little over two years now.