Old 04-06-2017, 02:19 AM
sval

I went down this path a few years ago. I specifically bought a Janome MC12000 to be able to quilt an E2E pattern. It is doable. And the stitching is wonderful.
A few things to consider: Rehooping. On an average size quilt it can take as many as 60 rehoops. It isn't as easy as hooping a crossstitch project. The sandwich is thick. It's difficult to do with the quilt under the throat. It takes a lot of hand strength also. It's that or remove the quilt from the machine each and every time.

I was interested in the meander that is provided with the machine. It is very dense. Much tighter than I expected and there's no way to alter it without editing software.

There is a program out there by Amelie Scott that incorporates lots of designs that are great. I did several of those on baby quilts. Attempting a full size bed quilt would be aggravating.

I'm not trying to kill your joy but wanted you to consider some of the issues involved. I'm not into embroidery at all. So that part of a very expensive machine sits idle.