View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 06:10 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Do not go according to Zillow. As others have stated contact and interview realtors. You don't have to use a realtor but do not go according to Zillow. Zillows comps are based nation wide not locally. If you do list with a realtor tell them the buyers should use a local appraiser who is familiar with the area. Some lenders are willy nilly when it comes to appraisers and will use the least expensive who may never have worked in the area. When it comes to a plumber have them do a hydrostatic test which is very important for your sewer lines if you have a sewer system. Nice to have new fixtures but more important is the plumbing lines. I have always "suggested" since a seller plans on moving to just go ahead and pack personal items. You can keep a couple group photos out to keep you happy (we love to look at our loved ones) but expensive jewelry, heirloom items, I would pack and store. I keep my meds in one large Ziploc bag. easy to take with you if a realtor is going to show your home later. Good luck. Remember every area is different and so are the comps. [QUOTE=madamekelly;7799719]OH patski, thank you. I just looked my home up on that Zillow site you mentioned. My home value has gone up nearly $40,00 since I bought it if that site is accurate. Wow. Ka