View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Teliria

Originally Posted by weezie
Originally Posted by quilttiludrop
If you don't have easy access or adequate storage, then it's too much.
Exactly right!
I would take it a step further and say that once you get to a point that you could not realistically ever use it, that would be too much. It sounds like there is no way she would be able to actually make enough quilts to use that stash.

I reached that point with scraps not too long ago. I was reluctant to toss ANY scrap piece, even the little tiny ones. I realized there was no way I was keeping those for use, so I was only keeping them to keep them. I immediately made up a couple of rag dolls for the local kids shelter and used the scraps to stuff them. Problem solved.

I am another one who feels the urge to clean out stuff after watching the Hoarders show. Last week, I realized that with only one bed in the house, there was no way I was ever going to need the 20 sets of sheets I have collected over the years (most of them my moms), so I pulled them all out and donated all but three sets as well.

This week is the 'utility' room that still has boxes unopened from the last time we moved, two years ago. lol.