Thread: Glue
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 05:28 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I drizzle it on full strength in a random grid
No need for full strength glue. In fact, it is almost impossible to squeeze it out full strength. 50 / 50 is plenty strong. I have even added a little more water. That way the glue comes out easier and you can swish the bottle a foot or two over the quilt and get the glue on a quarter of the quilt in a minute or two. Then I smooth that out with my fingers so that there are no big blobs.

I lay the quilt out on my bed large tables at the library, church, town hall or wherever. Make the sandwich as you want it and put some pins across the center line.These are the only pins you need. Lift up the top piece to the pins, swish glue on the batt about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way from the center pin line. Smooth with fingers. Lay top piece down and smooth that. I iron the glue dry now. Then lift the top piece up again as far as it has been glued and put glue on the next section. When that half if finished, go to the other side and repeat. When that side is dry, with iron or time, turn the whole thing over and repeat for the other side. When everything is dry, take out the pins and you are ready to quilt. I usually tack down the edges with pins or basting so that they don't come apart with the pressure of the quilting.

Last edited by maviskw; 04-08-2017 at 05:30 AM.