View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 11:02 AM
AlvaStitcher

SoozieQ, The animals are put on with fusible web and then I blanket stitched by hand around each one and did some outline embroidery as well. I love doing the blanket stitch on my quilts. I have not had anyone that has received one complain about the fabric fraying around the stitches so either the quilts are okay or the recipients are too embarrassed to say anything. LOL

The patterns were copied from a coloring book. I had them enlarged just a slight bit and then traced them onto the fusible webbing. Coloring books are GREAT sources for applique patterns. I used this same layout for three other quilts in the past. One was done with a lion, giraffe, monkey and elephant (I used the elephant on the back as a label) and the second quilt was done as Daniel in the Lions' Den. The baby's name was Daniel and the parents were very active in the ministry. The third quilt was done with bunnies like the original pattern called for and came from a Leisure Arts book "Quilts & Totes for Little Folks.

Thank you for all the kind comments. Be blessed.