View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Rhonda...I love your creative mind when it comes to designing blocks but for me, some of them seem a little daunting to piece. I would love to see some of your blocks in a quilt that you've done as I'm sure I would get more motivated to try them. : )

(later) Silly me...I visited both your website and blog for the first time today where you graciously share patterns and tutorials for your blocks... and there is plenty of inspiration on both.
the trick is the quilt blocks look intricate but when you break it down the units are so easy to make. The intricate look happens when you sew the cut out squares together.

I'm sure if you try making one of my shortcut blocks you will find how easy they are. Just try making 4 blocks and sew them together. It is all about learning how to make a shortcut block. Once you have done that then the quilt blocks will make more sense to you and you will be able to see how they are put together.

Don't let the look fool you. they really aren't hard at all.

You can start small as in a Boston Star or Pinwheel
Once you learn to make the individual shortcut blocks then you can use them in so many different ways.
This is of course my Boston Block. check out the tute on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571248[/ATTACH]....... [ATTACH=CONFIG]571248[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571249[/ATTACH]....... [ATTACH=CONFIG]571250[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bb-4-layout.jpg   boston-star-layout.jpg   boston-star.jpg