View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 03:35 AM
Macybaby

I've had my Juki 2010Q for a bit over a year. In that time, I've put together about 40 tops, and not been unhappy with it's performance. I've not done any FMQ on it as I have a LA for quilting. Love it for putting on machine bindings, I no longer pin anything.

I thought I would not like the needle down, but it turns out to be a non-issue. When I chain stitch, it's better to stop down, and when I don't, I usually use the thread cutter and that brings the needle up. Not a problem to push the needle up the few times I need it up and not cut the thread.

The knee lift for the presser foot is the main reason I bought a new machine. Would not want a machine for peicing that did not have that function.

I put extra lights on mine and a clear marked plastic over the bed. The one thing that bothered me was that sometimes seams would catch on the edge of the throat plate, and now that never happens. I have it cut so it does not interfere with changing bobbins, and I can easily untape it from the machine and remove the extension bed for servicing. It stays taped to the bed, so it's in the correct position when I put it back.

Love, love, love the machine!