View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 03:43 AM
NJ Quilter

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
Setting on point is not so hard. Just tilt your head and you will see your blocks are just rows getting longer and then shorter with triangles finishing each row. Bonnie hunter has a chart that gives measurements to cut your triangles. I have faith in you. Just give it a try
I totally agree - tilting your head to see the rows is the key! Like many other things with quilting and other crafts I just did it not knowing it was supposed to be hard. The first quilt that I made was a double irish chain on point. Luckily I had a pattern with great directions so it truly was not difficult.

I also agree with the other poster who mentioned labeling your blocks/rows. I use sticky notes and pin to the blocks/rows. I also find that sometimes it helps to start with laying out the longest row (diagonal corner to corner) and work to the smaller corners with the subsequent rows. Makes it a bit easier to see sometimes and make sure you're laying out your blocks in the proper order if there is a secondary design happening in the quilt.

As the saying goes...just do it! You'll love it.