Old 04-16-2017, 07:05 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Yea! I've FINALLY finished the quilting on my display challenge quilt for KCRegional Quilt Fest! This is the quilt that has fought me the whole time--and since there are only 2 real criteria you wouldn't think it was that difficult! Size & color combo were the only 2 criteria. All the fabric with the exception of a couple in the kaleidoscopes (and yes--that includes the black!) has been replaced. The stuff I had included wayyyy too many prints that just made the kaleidoscopes look bad! Then I ran out of black and couldn't match--so replaced that. Wanted 2 bats to get high definition quilting--and both black--so looked high & low for a wool or poly in black. Finally found one at Keepsake.
Then, since such dense quilting, shrunk up a bit more than I figured--so have had to add a very narrow border (not in pictures) and will block tomorrow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]571628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]571629[/ATTACH](having trouble getting pixels right so it's clear and will actually post) I also finished up the t-shirt quilt I've got to have by this weekend for a customer--it's on the long arm right now.
Attached Thumbnails p1040833-2-.jpg   p1040828.jpg  

Last edited by quiltingshorttimer; 04-16-2017 at 07:24 PM.