View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 07:26 AM
Alvie

My vote is with CheeseCat and EmiliasNana. I have been using my grandmother's white bread recipe since forever for all sorts of purposes together with modifications on the simple recipe and creating the dough by using my bread machine to the end of the dough cycle, forming whatever shape I wanted, letting it rise, glazing the bread, and baking.

One of the modifications to the basic white bread recipe came out of a number of my bread books: replace varying amounts of white bread flour withwhole wheat or rye flour. Voila: whole wheat or rye bread. Check out the King Arthur Flour site and take a shot at it.

Lastly, recently I made a huge discovery. I needed to make 6 loaves of bread in a very short period. Under normal conditions, that would have taken me roughly 3 hours a loaf. What I did was add 2 more bread machines. Yes, bms get expensive so I hit thrift stores and a friend who wanted to get rid of hers. The friend gave me hers and gets a Christmas Bread Braid for the duration. The third was a thrift store find - $6. The discovery is 3 loaves in 3 hours if you load and activate the machines one after the other. The time lag is just enough to get each machine's dough to the next step before the following machine is ready for the same activity.

Enjoy bread baking. Alert: your talent will become known and much appreciated - another star in your crown. You will accrue a bunch of wonderful stories.

If you would like to have my basic recipe, etc., please let me know.

A.